The older I get the more important my memories of life become. I am blogging to make sure there is a record of my family's life journey.
About Us
- Nodines
- Simpsonville, SC, United States
- Jason and I have been married since 1995 and added our son Dawson in June of 2006.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
First Birth Story
Ok, this totally happened by accident, I so wish Jason could have been home to share this moment with us. It started with Dawson wanting me to read him the book by Jamie Curtis called ' Tell me again about the night I was born.' He said something and I said do you weren't born at night you were born during the day, and then it took off from there. I totally thought he wouldn't care or when I started would move on to something else, but he did care and he listened and interacted. I told him about how he was born during the day and that he would not come out on his own. I explained how they took Miss Andrea and cut her tummy and popped his head out. He then demonstrated how that would look (imagine him holding his head and going yea, me head) and how he cried for 2 hours straight and how daddy said that maybe he was hungry and he drank his bottle. Which we demonstrated on his milk cup. Then we talked about how daddy walked the floor with him that first night because he was crying and mommy just kept repeating to herself, I have a son, I have a son, I have a son. He then reached over and gave me a hug. I have no idea why but it was the sweetest moment that I won't ever forget (in fact I'm crying as I type it). I wonder if he'll remember in the morning, but I won't repeat it again until daddy can be with us and tell his version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's such a sweet story. I always wonder how it will be talking to Lily about stuff, especially since we didn't meet her until she was a month old.
I am just now reading this....so sweet. Connor knows he is adopted, but I don't think he understands what the term is. He will tell us "I'm dopted!" We read that Jamie Lee Curtis book too- and I personalize it to our story. I would love to hear your adoption story sometime!
Post a Comment